Epoxies by Hernon Manufacturing high-performance epoxy are adhesives that come in single or two component (2K) formulations. Two component epoxies are chemical cure materials which is why the two parts are kept separate until application. One of the materials is a chemical initiator while the other is an adhesive. 2K epoxies rarely need batch mixing and are typically dispensed with static mixing wands from preformed duo-part packages. The packaging and mixing wands ensure a perfect dispensing ratio of each component every time. Single component epoxies, however, are typically heat-cure adhesives and must be warmed to a certain temperature to start the crosslinking (curing) reaction.
Epoxies can offer many features such as fast room temperature cure or low chlorine formulations.Hernon Manufacturing maintains these special formulas as part of a library of over 5,000 unique adhesives and sealants in addition to offering custom made adhesives as necessary. This full-service approach ensures that Hernon Manufacturing experts can assist in bonding even the rarest combinations of substrates in any environment.
View Hernon Manufacturing Epoxy Products
Typical Applications for Epoxies
While most people associate epoxies only with bonding substrates, high-performance epoxies have many additional uses as well. In the fiber optic industry, Tuffbond® 302 is used to pot cables protecting them from moisture and physical damage. Additional applications include:
- Tank lining
- Bonding magnets
- Structural bonding
- Fiber-optic potting
- Flexible epoxies available for potting electronics
- Bonding manufacturing components such as voice coils in speakers
- Rapid cure laminates and gel coats such as chemical resistant flooring
Popular Epoxy Adhesives
VIEW HERNON MANUFACTURING EPOXY PRODUCTS
- Tuffbond® 302: A modified epoxy with very good moisture, chemical, and heat resistance that features a very fast room temperature cure.
- Tuffbond® 305: This very fast cure epoxy adhesive is specially formulated for rapid inline assembly of loudspeakers.
- Tuffbond® 317: A two component room temperature cure system. By changing the ratio of resin and hardener the cured adhesive can change features from tough and flexible to a hard and rigid system.
- Tuffbond® 394: A single component, high-temperature resistant, heat activated epoxy. This epoxy cures to a high-performance thermoset system with excellent adhesion properties to a wide variety of substrates.