Availability Date: 03/19/2021
Location: Sanford, FL
Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.® produces high-performance adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems and UV LED curing lights. Hernon® maintains a library of over 5000 unique adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turnaround on testing and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine division which allows Hernon® to build, service, and integrate unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications. This horizontal integration helps Hernon® provide customers with a Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in Sanford, FL., and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100 distributors and partner locations around the globe. Already shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon® can provide adhesive solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the world.
Hernon Manufacturing’s objective is to continuously improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs. We are committed to the efficient delivery of quality products worldwide.
• High School Diploma for an entry-level position, bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, business or applied science for a higher-level position
• Analytical, math skills, interpersonal, communication, computer literacy, proficiency in word processing and excel spreadsheet programs
• Strong negotiating skills
• Comprehensive understanding of Excel, Word, and industry-standard purchase order software platforms
• Ability to work well with a team
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written skills
Experienced Buyer and/or experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated attention to detail, negotiation, and quality mindset. Skilled at processing purchasing requisitions and follow through for timely delivery and accuracy. To secure the procurement of materials that meets the quality standards, on-time delivery requirements, and competitive costing set forth by the company.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
• Sourcing qualified vendors to meet our quality standards and on a timely delivery requirement with competitive costing
• Evaluate the vendors regarding these criteria
• Placement and monitoring of purchasing requisitions and timely follow up
• Assist Supply Chain Manager with maintaining proper inventory levels
• Negotiate and improve costs, terms, freight, and inventory turns
• Maintaining weekly reports for timely PO acknowledgment, late PO’s, open orders, and cost reductions
• Represent Hernon Manufacturing, Inc. in a pro-active knowledgeable manner to ensure that we only deal with credible vendors in which on-time delivery and quality is the primary objectives to be achieved with our budgets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.