Availability Date: 03/03/2021
Location: Sanford, FL
Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.® produces high-performance adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems and UV LED curing lights. Hernon® maintains a library of over 5000 unique adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turnaround on testing and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine division which allows Hernon® to build, service, and integrate unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications. This horizontal integration helps Hernon® provide customers with a Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in Sanford, FL., and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100 distributors and partner locations around the globe. Already shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon® can provide adhesive solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the world.
Hernon Manufacturing’s objective is to continuously improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs. We are committed to the efficient delivery of quality products worldwide.
Hernon is in sunny Central Florida within an hour of beaches, theme parks, state parks, hiking and biking trails, and more. We offer competitive compensation and many benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a matching 401k.
· Ph.D. in chemistry, prefer Polymer Chemistry
· Minimum 3-10 years of technical experience in chemical manufacturing and formulating adhesives/sealants
· Excellent communication of technical topics to different groups like Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing
· Flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently with minimal direction
· Team player
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience with relevant raw materials
· SAP B1 a plus
Hernon Manufacturing Inc. is a leader in the manufacture of adhesives, sealants, and related processing equipment. Hernon offers a full range of products such as anaerobic, cyanoacrylate, epoxies, methacrylate’s, impregnation resins, UV curable, environmentally friendly primers, and activators; used in the aerospace, automotive, electronic, electrical, speaker and munitions industries to name a few. We currently have an opening for a `Formulating Chemist' at our Sanford, Florida headquarters. This position is responsible for technical support to assist the company in attaining sales and financial goals. This includes the development of new cost-effective products conforming to market needs; cost reduction, raw material rationalization, and performance improvement of existing products; providing technical support when sourcing from outside vendors; assisting Manufacturing and QA in the production of products; and technical support to Technical Department, Marketing and Sales. In performing the responsibilities, the incumbent must operate to ensure the safety of the company's employees and customers and the preservation of the environment. Authority: 1. Setting up new and changing existing formulations, work orders and raw material specification sheets 2. Submits new and requests changes in Standard Test Methods and Standard Operating Procedures 3. Recommending new, offset and alternate raw materialsEssential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
1. Development and/or introduction and implementation of new products as prioritized by management.
2. Implementation of cost savings and justification (e.g. formulation, raw materials, and processes).
3. Provide product maintenance and support to Manufacturing and QA in order to meet order-filling requirements.
4. Work with Manufacturing Technology to improve the first pass rate of manufactured products.
I. Develop new formulations and adapt existing ones for new product launches.
2. Change existing formulations to improve product cost.
3. Assist the Technical Department in managing product performance and compliance inquiries.
4. Support Manufacturing and QA.
5. Performing special projects as assigned.
1. Meeting agreed on timeline for projects.
2. Drive cost savings to meet company savings goals.