Availability Date: 03/05/2021
Location: Sanford, FL
Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.® produces high-performance adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems and UV LED curing lights. Hernon® maintains a library of over 5000 unique adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turnaround on testing and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine division which allows Hernon® to build, service, and integrate unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications. This horizontal integration helps Hernon® provide customers with a Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in Sanford, FL., and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100 distributors and partner locations around the globe. Already shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon® can provide adhesive solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the world.
Hernon Manufacturing’s objective is to continuously improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs. We are committed to the efficient delivery of quality products worldwide.
Hernon offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a matching 401k. Located in sunny Central Florida Hernon is within an hour of beaches, theme parks, and more.
• Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in chemical and related industry
• Works well in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
• Experience with ISO 9001/Quality systems
The Process Chemist, under the direction of the Production Manager, designs and conducts experiments to improve the manufactured chemicals. Proposes and implements methods to produce consistent bulk product quality. Participates in the developmental project undertaken by Research Development and Engineering (RD&E). Assists with a smooth transfer of new products and processes and take necessary corrective actions to satisfy customer’s requirements.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
• Works closely with R&D to design and conduct processes to improve manufacturing processes and for troubleshooting purposes.
• Works closely with Purchasing, Production, Quality Control, and R&D personnel to help identify the defective chemical raw materials.
• Prepares rework procedure as requested.
• Provides temporary Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) as required.
• Request formulation and/or specification revision as required.
• Works closely with the Materials Control department personnel to make sure that critical steps are followed through SOP, B/P routings, and/or work instructions.
• Works closely with Quality Manager to timely resolve the customer complaints and to take necessary corrective actions when needed.
• Represents production to participate in the R&D developmental projects as required.
• Promotes and uses Statistical Process Control (SPC) problem-solving techniques in resolving problems and presenting data.
• Updates and documents all pertinent information as required by the quality system.
• Works with bulk operators for critical bulk production if required.
• Maintain ISO documentation; ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.