Availability Date: 01/18/2021
Location: Sanford, FL.
Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.® produces high performance adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems and UV LED curing lights. Hernon® maintains a library of over 5000 unique adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turn around on testing and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine division which allows Hernon® to build, service and integrate unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications. This horizontal integration helps Hernon® provide customers with a Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in Sanford, FL. and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100 distributor and partner locations around the globe. Already shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon® can provide adhesive solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the world.
Hernon Manufacturing’s objective is to continuously improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs. We are committed to the efficient delivery of quality products worldwide.
• Use of cloud-based data system to produce SDS. Must be familiar with CAS # for chemicals and some knowledge of chemical hazards.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Computer proficient in Excel and Word
• Capable of working in an industrial environment
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work well within a team, handle making decisions in a timely manner
• Strong math and reasoning ability skills, ability to prioritize workloads
Under the direction of the Quality Manager the intern assists in preparation of Material Safety Datasheets (SDSs) for company products and test formulations according to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). Can assist in Laboratory testing and reporting on products and formulas, as time permits. Assists in documentation of Quality Control testing for batches working on in the Laboratory.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
• College student with Science, Nursing, Pharmacy, or Engineering background. Prior exposure to chemical names, CAS numbers, and handling chemicals desired.
• Main responsibility is using a software program to generate SDS for Hernon products for the US and Overseas. Sometimes working with a translation service to translate into other languages.
• Secondly, maintaining the RoHS for electronics and SVHC (the substance of very high concern) statements for Hernon products updating as new compliance regulations are implemented.
• Participate in providing other compliance documents needed such as Conflict Minerals, Control Plans, and PFMEA for customers.
• Sample gathering and preparation of adhesives
• Conducts test activities as needed for the Quality team
• Organize, conduct and analyze samples according to laboratory procedures
• Assists by capturing detailed descriptions and reproduction of steps taken to fix issues
• Monitor and operate lab equipment according to laboratory procedures
• Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015
• Other projects and duties as assigned by Quality Manager
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.