Availability Date: 09/15/2021
Location: Sanford, FL
Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.® produces high-performance adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems and UV LED curing lights. Hernon® maintains a library of over 5000 unique adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turnaround on testing and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine division which allows Hernon® to build, service, and integrate unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications. This horizontal integration helps Hernon® provide customers with a Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in Sanford, FL., and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100 distributors and partner locations around the globe. Already shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon® can provide adhesive solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the world.
Hernon Manufacturing’s objective is to continuously improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs. We are committed to the efficient delivery of quality products worldwide.
• College student with Science, Nursing, Pharmacy, or Engineering background. Prior exposure to chemical names, CAS numbers and handling chemicals desired.
• Main responsibility is using Microsoft Office to generate and maintain spreadsheets and other tools used for providing analysis and trends.
• Sample gathering and preparation of adhesives for shelf life, aging studies
• Conducts test activities as needed for the Quality team
• Assists by capturing detailed descriptions and reproduction of steps taken to fix issues
• Monitor and operate lab equipment according to laboratory procedures
• Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015
• Other projects and duties as assigned by Quality Manager
Under the direction of the Quality Manager, the intern assists in the preparation of Quality documents for company products and test formulations according to published specifications. Can assist in Laboratory testing and reporting on products and formulas, as time permits. Assists in the documentation of Quality Control testing for batches working on in the Laboratory and Equipment divisions.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Computer proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Capable of working in an industrial environment
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work well within a team, handle making decisions in a timely manner
• Strong math and reasoning ability skills, ability to prioritize workloads