Availability Date: 03/10/2021
Location: Sanford, FL
Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.® produces high-performance adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems and UV LED curing lights. Hernon® maintains a library of over 5000 unique adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turnaround on testing and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine division which allows Hernon® to build, service, and integrate unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications. This horizontal integration helps Hernon® provide customers with a Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in Sanford, FL., and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100 distributors and partner locations around the globe. Already shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon® can provide adhesive solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the world.
Hernon Manufacturing’s objective is to continuously improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs. We are committed to the efficient delivery of quality products worldwide.
• High School graduate
• Some college preferred but not required
• Minimum 3 years warehouse and logistics experience
• Working knowledge of Lean principles
• Proven history of managing inventory controls and accuracy
• Experience with freight and logistics
This is a Warehouse Supervisor role. A Warehouse Supervisor position contributes to the success of Hernon by supervising the day-to-day warehouse operations. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across one shift. The Warehouse Supervisor coordinates the receiving, shipping, material handling responsibilities in the warehouse by supporting the front-line staff and manages the inventory.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following
• Maintain knowledge of industry best practices to ensure processes stay current with industry standards
• Responsible for providing training to employees, holding team members accountable, and providing a professional work environment
• Follows ISO procedures using formal procedures and work instructions
• Manage the receiving and delivery of raw materials/finished products in a timely manner
• Utilize docks, warehouse layout, and route truck loading patterns that minimize loading time
• Ensure the optimal inventory levels of full goods are maintained to fulfill daily sales needs
• Provide timely service to sales department while minimizing warehouse and production costs
• Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
• Embrace change and drive Continuous Improvement while holding others accountable to the deliverables.
• Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
• Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly personnel
• Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
• Maintain the inventory system to aid in production scheduling
• Maintain all housekeeping and safety standards and training
• Identify and execute productivity opportunities to help the facility meet the annual operating plan
• Administer policies and procedures
• Regular and predictable attendance at the worksite
• This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
• This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
• This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
• This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
• This role may require off-shift and weekend work
• This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
• Management skills to successfully perform the planning, directing, reporting, and administrative responsibilities of this position
• Comprehensive knowledge of the industry and industry-related trends and forecasts
• Analytical Skills: Synthesize complex or diverse information
• Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner as well as skillfully gather and analyze information
• Communication: Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills, and conduct productive meetings
• Delegation: Delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations, and monitor delegated activities
• Leadership: Inspire and motivate others to perform well and accept feedback from others.
• Management Skills: Involves staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; be available to staff; provide regular performance feedback, and develop subordinates’ skills and encourages growth
• Quality Management: Explore ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory aspects
• Judgment: Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; and make timely decisions
• Planning and Organization: Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently, and develop realistic action plans
• Safety and Security: Observe safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.