Availability Date: 9/1/2019
Hernon Manufacturing, Inc.® produces high performance adhesives, sealants, precision dispensing valves/systems, UV LED curing lights and custom engineered application equipment. Hernon® maintains a library of over 5000 unique adhesive and sealant formulas in addition to developing customized formulas to address specific manufacturing challenges. A full in-house chemical laboratory ensures quick turn around on testing and developmental projects in addition to an on-site machine division which allows Hernon® to build, service and integrate unique dispensing systems to even the most exacting specifications. This horizontal integration helps Hernon® provide customers with a Total Solution for any unique application.
Hernon Manufacturing was established in 1978, is headquartered in Sanford, FL. and maintains an ever-expanding network of over 100 distributor and partner locations around the globe. Already shipping to over 60 nations, Hernon® can provide adhesive solutions to manufacturing operations essentially anywhere in the world.
Hernon Manufacturing’s objective is to continuously improve our products and services to meet our customer’s needs. We are committed to the efficient delivery of quality products worldwide.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities)
- Exceptional analytical abilities for hardware and software problem-solving
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience and willingness to develop proficiencies in:
- Windows XP/Windows 7 in a Windows 2003/2008 server environment
- MS Office 2003/2008
- Logmein (imaging and deployment tool)
- Norton Anti-Virus
- Logmein Manager (NAC)
- Smartboard Technologies
- Polycom video conferencing
- IBM desktops and Lenovo laptop and server
- HP Servers
- Wired and wireless connectivity
- Calypts firewall
- High degree of professionalism in appearance and demeanor
- Strong customer service skills with a heightened (but calm) sense of urgency and resolve
- Team oriented
- Ability to interface in a fast-paced environment
The IT Intern is responsible for implementation and management of the new Hernon’s IT infrastructure environment. The position calls for an experienced, self-motivated individual to oversee the daily execution of processes, operations, and support activities for Hernon’s technologies. This position works closely with functional and operational departments to ensure that procedures and technologies are introduced that adhere to established manufacturing policies and according to Hernon’s Business strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide tier-one support for end user hardware and software;installation, preventative maintenance, and repair
- Work with the IT Manager/Help Desk Team to coordinate, delegate and prioritize desktop support issues
- Deploy enterprise desktop imagines, application packages, script to final end user
- Responsible for desktop security, application compatibility and integration and standardization of client features
- Ensure that projects are completed and documented according to the Hernon’s scope and schedule to ensure that project goals are met
- Document, maintain and manage hardware and software inventories,licenses and life cycles; as well as software distribution to Hernon’s users
- Manage enterprise anti-virus solution, client installations, update processes and maintenance of client devices
- Manage enterprise Network Access Control (NAC) system; monitor and manage wired and wireless connections, maintain and support end user device access, standards and health
- Coordinate with all department members for off-hour support
- Work with vendors and contract support to facilitate problem resolution (Shoretel, Brighthouse, ATT)
- Participate in SAP Module Implementation
- Backup monitoring
- Shoretel PBX system consolidation
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools,or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge,skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract,implied or otherwise.
Beckie Whittle, email@example.com
Apply for this Position Below!