External Ammunition Sealant 59622
Hernon® External Ammunition Sealant 59622 is a single component UV anaerobic sealant. 59622 has a low viscosity penetrating material capable of bonding and sealing primers and case mouths in ammunition. It is specially formulated for pre-assembled components; it works by capillary action sealing ammunition and improving bullet pull force. Curing occurs when the adhesive is applied between mating surfaces. The cured adhesive is a thermoset plastic suitable for temperatures up to 400ºF (204ºC), and endures exposure to most solvents.
Ammunition Sealant 59622 cures quickly at room temperature without the need for surface activators or heat to seal primer and case mouth assemblies. Fixturing strength develops in two to five minutes, Full strength will be reached in 24 hours. Cure fillets at UV light irradiances above 60 milliwatts/cm² to insure proper cure.
• UV fluorescence for in-process inspection
• 100% solid system (no solvents)
• Excellent environmental resistance
• Good gap filling properties
• Excellent Bullet Pull strengths with low Standard deviation
• UV and anaerobic curing mechanism suitable for metal parts
• Excellent capillary performance