External Ammunition Sealant 76083
External Ammunition Sealant 76083 is a single component U.V. anaerobic sealant. 76083 has a low viscosity penetrating material capable of bonding and sealing primers and case mouths in ammunition. This sealant is specially formulated for ammunition that needs greater fit tolerance and higher bullet pull forces. Curing occurs when the adhesive is applied between mating surfaces. The cured adhesive is a thermoset plastic suitable for temperatures up to 400ºF (204ºC) and endures exposure to most solvents.
External Ammunition Sealant 76083 cures quickly at room temperature without the need for surface activators or heat
to seal primer and case mouth assemblies. Fixturing strength develops in two to three minutes, Full strength will be reached in 24 hours. Cure fillets at UV light irradiances above 100 milliwatts/cm² to ensure proper cure.
• UV fluorescence for in-process inspection
• 100% solid system (no solvents)
• Excellent environmental resistance
• Good gap filling properties
• Excellent Bullet Pull strengths with low Standard deviation
• UV and anaerobic curing mechanism suitable for metal parts
• Good capillary performance